Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh So Un-Glam!

If there was ever a Candid-Camera moment.. this was most certainly one of them! So, there I was strolling along Orchard Road.. and as I reached Wheel Lock Place (back entrance), I looked at the Coffee Club sign, thinking.. 'Oh it's not Coffee Bean anymore?'.. THEN, the next thing I know, I was on my hands and knee at the bottom of the stairs.. with the wind knocked out of me!!! And from the corner of my eye.. I vaguely saw those coffee-drinkers sitting and staring.. shoppers pausing to look with hands suspended in mid-reach for that book on the shelf.. and 2 waiters rushing over to offer help.. 'Are you ok? You better sit down on the chair? Can you walk?'..

Grimacing from embarrassment more than pain.. I picked myself up from the floor.. gently rubbed my shins.. smiled ruefully at the uniformed gentlemen.. and gratefully assured them..
'I'm ok.. I'm ok'. Now, if this were to happen in America, there would probably be a law suit already.. Case No. 101 Member Of Public Vs City Council For The Installation Of Slippery Stairs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home