Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ladies Luncheon...

Got an email from Audrey (one of my first few 'sheep' in Hope!):
"Our friendship is more than 10 years old..Looking forward to meeting up on 3 Nov..I've made reservations at Chilli Padi (buffet)..Ok, I understand if you care for me and don't want me to overeat..but really, I DON'T MIND?!..Don't eat too much supper tonight and skip breakfast tomorrow..It's been a while, remember when our kids were small and we didn't even have handphones then!"
So, we ladies..Audrey, Christine, Ee Meng, Frances, Jac, Jana, Lay Choo, Mei Yi..met up and had a fun bash at Swensen's..considered 'post-buffet' for the rest and lunch for me. Hmmm..guess they ran out of reasons to stay at the other restaurant?? Ha ha..Anyway, it didn't quite help Audrey's cause either, when we were told there was a '1-for-1' offer for the ice-creams and desserts!! But thank God for the blessing..
Topics of conversation include the usual.. motherhood.. kids.. husbands.. the latest fashion trends.. shopping.. beauty products.. FOOD.. and more food.. back to the kids and studies in stressful Singapore!! But as I looked around at everyone, I realised that we've all matured, become much stronger and more confident as we overcame adversities in life. My heart-felt admiration for the one who has to raise her children single-handedly..another with a special needs child..I remember the 'accident-proned' boys (door slammed on finger, scalded hand and deep cut on shin)..eye surgeries..heart and limb surgeries..It's truly amazing how we are still standing firm and I trust that God will continually renew our strength and give us more wisdom..and humour..for each passing day!
Thanks for the wonderful catch-up time..we should have taken photos of our very noisy gathering..although we're 'highly-organised' mums, guess we're a bunch non-high-tech ladies who just didn't think of that?? Ha ha ha!

2 Comments:

Blogger JesuaFreak said...

no photos of such an event ???

7:39 AM  
Blogger mamajac said...

Haiz..that's what I said in my last remark..should have taken picture lah..

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home