Sunday, February 20, 2011

Simple Maths...

.. or not.. especially when there's lending and borrowing of money involved? Justin recounted his experience in Primary 2 during dinner last night..

Boy: Hey, you have money? Can lend me?
Juz: I have one dollar
Boy: (Took the dollar and bought a Ribena drink for 60 cents).. Nah! Give you 40 cents!

The next day...

Boy: Here's 20 cents Justin. I pay you back already ah?
Juz: Er.. no, you still owe me 40 cents
Boy: But I gave you back 40 cents yesterday already what?!
Juz: That was the change from the one dollar I lent you
Boy: Yah! So I gave you back mah..
Juz: But that's MY money.. it's not YOUR money!
Boy: Aiya.. dunno lah

Several days later...

Boy: Justin! Ok I give you another 20 cents. I pay you everything already ah?
Juz: Still got another 20 cents lah..
Boy: Where got?!
Juz: Got..
Boy: Don't care lah! I pay you already..

I'm sorry to say that Justin never got his money back to date.. (6 years and counting).. maybe the boy acted 'blur' only.. because he eventually passed PSLE Maths?!! Life lessons learned the hard way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home