Thursday, June 28, 2007

Moi Joyeux Anniversaire!

Some call it 'half-time' but I guess it depends on which sports or game you play? Ha ha.. it certainly sounds better than 'mid-life', which is often associated with 'crisis'. People say I'm an over-achiever.. a high 'C'.. Choleric or whatever.. but hey, I haven't even accomplished most of my resolutions.. except maybe for the song-writing bit...er...and actually, I don't think that was even listed? Ha ha ha...
But I do say at 37.. life has been pretty great so far! I'm now a much more matured, secured and independent woman, wife and mother of 2 fast-growing boys. Being my own boss and having full autonomy at work for the past 5 years has been rather fun in a 'roller-coaster' sort of way. However, I do occasionally (although others may beg to differ) have the urge to relive parts of my childhood.. hence the Lego shopping spree???
I have grown to value friends more than ever before and certainly, loyal ones are really difficult to come by.. a true gem.. the pearl in the oyster. So what if they often forget my birthday?? (It's still possible even in this day and age of mind-boggling technology). All I know is.. I can count on them in troubled times and when the crunch comes they will stand by me.. and vise-versa (of course)!!!
So I want to thank God for His countless blessings.. my husband for putting up with all my nonsense and idiosyncracies.. my family for letting me be me (you have no choice anyway.. ha ha!).. and my friends for accepting and grooming me up (although it felt more like 'hantam' at times) to be the woman I am today!
And the Oscar goes to...

2 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

yes it's possible to forget birthdays when one is just too lazy to enter birthdays into the phone or any other form of digital calendars :D

4:46 AM  
Blogger mamajac said...

Yes..moi dearie mei mei :0) I forgive you since I'm a lot older than you and not to mention that I have a BIG heart..ha ha! But don't YOU ever dare DO that again?? It's ok if mum forgets tho..hee hee!

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home