Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ain't No Summer?!!

Ok ok..I take back the 'cooling and refreshing' part..the rain today was absolutely freezing and relentless!!! Quite like the Singapore torrential rain except that it's 11*C..Brrrrrr! So, we spent most of our time indoors to avoid the teeth-chattering cold wind outside:

  • Yum Cha at Chinatown's Dragon Boat: We had the usual Har Kau, Wu Kok, Char Siew Pau, Fu Pei Kuen, Cheong Fun, Tan Tat, Pei Tan Chuk and a new version of Siew Mai with quail egg.


  • Shopping at Chadstone: Succumbed to buying Krispy Kreme donuts, Cherry Ripe and Bounty chocolates, Minties and Salt & Vinegar potato chips..haiz..really bad for my waistline..which has been steadily widening even as I type..cham cham!


  • Dinner at Docklands' Hot Chocolate with Jullie: We ordered Fettucini Carbonara, Bangers & Mash (sausages & mash potatoes), King Prawns Risotto, Lemon Choc-Chip Cheesecake (with Pavlova topping), Tiramisu & Gelato and you guessed it..hot chocolate drink.
  • Rest & Relax: Admired the breath-taking view of Melbourne City and the Yarra River from Jullie's apartment at City Tower's 33rd storey.
Hopefully, we'll have good weather tomorrow as we head down to Warrnambool and Port Campbell. Mum was gleeful that she did pack the right clothes after all! Ha ha ha...

2 Comments:

Blogger Daydreamer, I am said...

AIYOOHHHHH!!! I feel so guilty just reading about the donuts, cherry ripe and whathaveyou... eh, this yr pls dun gv me those hor... on diet now hehehe... SIGHHHHH... why do u hv to remind me of ALL my fav hangout places? the Dragon Boat, Chadstone, Warrnambool, Port Campbell... the salt and vinegar chips :( I WANNA GOOOO TOOOOOO!!! Anyway, have fun while u can lah... dun forget Supper Inn at Chinatown and the famous Viet pho at Richmond! and the warehouses of branded brands at Bridge Road... eat and shop on my behalf lah.. hee.. ENJOY!

4:42 AM  
Blogger mamajac said...

Hee hee..yeah better stay OFF the chocs. Haiz..I have to join you for diet plan liow...

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home