Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Prodigal Husband...

Recently, during Easter Service, the creative team did a touching short film based on a true story. A husband walked out on his wife who had just given birth to their 3rd child to be with his 'other woman'. Overnight, the wife had to take care of the home and family matters by herself, and became the sole bread winner for her children. What sort of guy does that to his wife??? The mother of not one but THREE of his kids??!! Even animals have the instinct to provide for their young at the very least. So how could one human being do this to another.. someone whom he had once professed to loved and vowed to protect? Those were my exact sentiments when I heard the news then. But not only did she refuse a divorce.. she forgave him, embraced and welcomed him back after his distasteful exit FOUR years ago!!

Frankly, I'm not sure if I could have done that.. at least not by my own strength (definitely require 101% supernatural intervention from God). I had the experience of being a pseudo 'single' parent for 6 months when Jimmy was posted to work In KL. It felt like an unending cycle of work, cooking, feeding, cleaning, laundry, ironing.. sleep.. going through the same motion day after day. I was exhausted.. especially when Justin fell sick, the germs would inevitably spread to me!

So KUDOS to her courage and spirit of endurance.. I admire her determination and patience in holding on to her marriage.. I'm inspired by her love for her children.. and I guess her husband.. I'm happy that her children have a father-figure again. I certainly hope that I won't have to go through such a trial and my fervent prayer would to 'AVOID this cup if possible'..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home