Monday, April 27, 2009

Mui-Yan-Po...

I have a dear friend and colleague whom I dubbed as Madame Social-Butterfly. She somehow managed to set up a blind date for a 'Chin-dian' (of Chinese and Indian descent) acquaintance with another 'Chin-dian' who was a friend of a teacher who taught this lady's daughter.. Who would have thought such a confusing but inspiring feat could be achieved?? So, the opportunity to try my hand at something like this came knocking at my door in mid 2007.. I went to a BBQ and spent the evening catching up with folks I haven't seen for some time (blame it on the busy and hectic Singaporean lifestyle). We talked about the weather.. work.. and eventually dwelt on the very important topic of why women were marrying at a later age. Then one of the ladies lamented that it was nearly impossible to find a suitable partner cos all 'good' were already taken... M: Show me where are the guys??? WHERE??? Me: Ha ha ha! M: So how's the worship team? Anyone new in the band? Me: Yeah..we have a new guitarist M: Oh? Hmmm...did he play at camp? He did a solo? Me: Er.. I wasn't there.. maybe he did.. I think he was rostered bah? M: He is very good right? Wah.. the way he played the chords really melted my heart! Me: Yeah.. (Long pause.. suddenly somewhere in my head.. a gong went.. BOOOooonnnnggg!!!) Me: Hey you know what? He is single and available leh.. you wanna meet him? Do you mind? M: Er.. like that ah.. pai se or not? (Blush.. blush..) Me: Try lah.. never know till you do! And so, I set up an simple introductory meeting.. in a group of course.. so nobody would suspect anything or ask questions if things went a wee bit awry. It went something like this.. 'Oh Mr. A, this is Ms. M.. you probably don't know her cos she left before you joined us'.. next l got them connected online.. then I had to mediated their quarrels (both on and offline).. and finally sang at their wedding a year later.. I am happy to report that this couple has been blissfully married for almost a year now.. I just LOooVeee happy endings!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home