Friday, May 15, 2009

Hello..Yeah..It's Been A While...

God brought you to mind at today's prayer meeting.. my dearest dad.. It's been 2 years 7 months and counting..

So when I came home and settled the boys to bed, I asked Jared if he remembered your special nickname for him.. 'fei se' (fat snake) or the how you used to call him 'Jaaaaa..red!'. He replied 'I can remember Gong-Gong's face but I can't remember his voice'. Then I turned to Justin and asked him, 'What about you? Do you know Gong-Gong used to call you Ah-Niu?'. He said, 'Yes' and became silent. Come to think of it.. my own recollections seem to be getting more vague too.. as time passes by.. your voice.. your smell.. your sheepish grin.. how the touch of your wrinkled hands felt when you held mine.. the sound of your heavy footsteps when you climbed up the stairs.. of the clinking spoon when you stir your coffee cup.. We should have video-ed family get-togethers more even though you were camera-shy. At least that way, your grandchildren would have a better idea of who you were.. especially Baby Caden, whom you have never met.. But back then we didn't think much of that.. until time ran out on us...

I guess this blog will suffice for now and serve as a reminder.. lest we forget.. still missing you lots my 'lou dau'.. rest well and till we meet again.. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home