Monday, August 13, 2007

Some Truths About Harry Potter...

Despite the controversies surrounding the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling has proven herself to be an excellent writer. I guess you have to be a fan of such 'fantasy' stories to appreciate how she manages to link the plots, imaginary creatures and far-away lands...from different famous books into this one...from Enid Blyton's 'The Wishing Chair', 'The Enchanted Tree' and 'Malory Towers'...to C.S. Lewis' 'Chronicles of Narnia' (also seven books by the way)...to J.R.R. Tolkien's 'The Lord Of The Rings' series...and last but not least, the 'Bible'...yup, not that surprising is it?
Good vs Evil...Aslan, Gandalf, Dumbledore, Harry, Frodo, Aragon vs White Witch, Dark Lord Sauron, Lord Voldermort...John 10:10 'The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full'.

Body and Soul...Horcruxes vs Eternal Life...Matthew 10:28 'Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell'.

Love conquers all...Lily and Harry Potter (to a much lesser degree, Snape, and the Malfoys may deserve a brief mention here) vs Tom Riddle...John 15:13 'Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends'.

Friendship and betrayal...Ron, Hermoine, Mr. Sam Gamgee, Snape vs Pettigrew, Lord Voldermort...John 13:21 'After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified; I tell you the truth, one of you is going to betray me'...Psalm 41:9 'Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me'.

Personal ambition vs Sacrifice...Elder wand, Ring of Power vs Cross of Calvary...Mark 14:36 'Abba Father, everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home