Thursday, July 19, 2007

Happy 12th Anniversary!

Finally converted our wedding video (taken by my amateur uncle) to DVD. It was quite hilarious watching it for the first time with our boys, Justin and Jared, after...er...like maybe 10 years?

Justin: Eh...not fair! How come we didn't go for your wedding ah???

Me: Ha ha ha ha...you'll be worried if you were there...

Justin: Huh? I don't understand...

Me: Trust me, this is ONE wedding you can afford to miss...ha ha!


We exchanged wedding vows on the 12th of February 1995. It was a Sunday...such a flurry of activities and excitement from 8:00am onwards. I really appreciated the worship/logistic team's effort...they literally scrambled to pack up all the equipment from church service...and set-up everything at Pine-Tree Country Club.

A
nd so, when the music started, I walked...or should I say 'tripped' down the aisle with my dad...he had such large strides and at the pace we went, the guests faces were but a visual blur...ha ha ha! Then THE question came from the pastor...

Q: Will you...Jaclyn...take Jimmy to be your husband...to obey and honour...in sickness and in health...in poverty or in wealth...?
A: Er...I think so (burst of laughter...including Jimmy...PHEW!)


Well, I've kept most of my vows (er...except maybe the 'obey' part...ha ha ha!) for the past 12 years...and so, for the next 12 (Biblical number)...I say, 'I think so'...again...

P.S. For the ladies out there who are thinking of getting married...you should avoid those few days prior to Valentine's Day...IF you want a bouquet of flowers instead of a stalk...because it's really not worth paying the exorbitant price for them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home