Tuesday, July 17, 2007

6 Most Memorable Blunders...

We just had a WAM concert night on Monday 16 July 2007...had an absolutely GRRREEAATT time praising and worshipping God!!! I'm truly grateful for the opportunity to be involved with team members from different congregations. Of course, there were the usual hitches, glitches and boo-boos...some major and some not so...Here are a few from the archives... :0)
6. Most common error...failure to start after several rounds of musical introduction (although most musicians try very hard to be patient and not show frustration...I remember receiving killer stares and hearing LOUD and deliberate pounding on the keyboard before...ha ha ha!)
5. Another not-so frequent glitch...sudden blank-outs...forgetting how to start...what comes after the bridge or how to end the song...and had to scramble frantically to look at the lyrics printed on the song sheet. Well...there is always the option for free worship? Hmmm...
4. Sang very, VERY off-pitch for 'We All Bow Down' especially at the acapella chorus at the end...faintz! Probably made more obvious by our ever-amazing tenor, How Joo, whose voice soared above everyone else's...(kudos)
3. Soundless SINGLE-chord electric guitar introduction for 'All The Earth Will Sing Your Praises'...apparently the cable was loose? I couldn't come in at all! So, I held up my hand and apologised to the congregation...'Sorry, let's try that again'. Learnt my lesson the next time...used the acoustic guitar instead...(smart eh?)
2. We sang the chorus twice for 'Rock of Ages' and I was expecting it to end with a big bang. But the musicians kept repeating the same chord progression...despite my desperate hand signals to stop and change songs...WHAT are they doing? WHY do they keep playing this? HAI YO!!!...and after what seemed like an eternity...I suddenly realised we were supposed to end with a final 6 rounds of the line 'Rock of ages'...oops...my fault...pai se...pai se!
And No. 1...(Drum roll...rrrrrrrr!!!!)
The band starting 'Beautiful Saviour' in 4/4 time instead of the correct 6/8...ha ha ha! WARNING! This can potentially give a worship leader a heart attack and cause a premature, unnatural death!!! Ha ha ha ha...

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiger said...

haha.. only to the technically trained ear lah. For untrained ears like me, I believe many others enjoyed the P&W time and already forgotten the hitches and glitches :) Just start and end well, my guitar instructor used to always tell me hahaha

10:54 PM  
Blogger Daydreamer, I am said...

aahhh... well summarised! but i dun think the killer stares and the keyboard pounding were from me ehh?... can't remember the gentle me doing that... ahermm... must be by the other, unconscious competent one?!... hehehe... (but then, killer stares could well be one of my unconscious competencies! heh!)

6:28 AM  
Blogger mamajac said...

my dear ms. luwis...that's precisely why you need pretty butterfly ear-rings as peace offering every now and again? ha ha ha!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home