Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sunny Island Set In The Sea...(Part 4)


Bukit Batok & CCK Care-groups (Can you spot Ps. Dinah?)
Surprised Andrew with squashed birthday cake at Pulau Ubin
So, this is my current 'adopted' country...but not necessarily the final destination. I arrived here in 1993 and lived with housemates, Farida and Poh Choo at Blk 108, Bukit Batok West Ave 6. Hope of God Church became my second home...my first care-group was at James & Mimi's place...and we were nomadic people on Sundays. It was a literal logistics nightmare after every worship practice on Saturday...we had to pack everything-->load up the van-->unpack the whole lot on Sunday-->set-up-->repack after the service-->load up van yet again -->and unload the stuff at the church office!!! But despite all the inconveniences, what I really treasured most was the great fellowship...we were a very close-knit family indeed...
My birthday at East Coast Park...slimed with cake & cream after photo was taken!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

Wah lau... Your photos are antique... Oops! I meant classic! =p

Should submit them for the 16th Anniversary especially the one with P.Dinah! =)

12:33 AM  
Blogger mamajac said...

antique??? wah...too much man! you calling ps dinah antique? I tell her then you kena good one...ha ha!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home